The Williams Etching Press came from a collaboration with artist Ivan Williams who saw the need to design and manufacture a good quality relatively light machine.
The Williams Etching Press has been successfully piloted in several schools
- Safety features include removable drive handle and fully enclosed drive mechanism.
- Drive Reduction 16 to 1: To ensure that minimum effort is required to turn the handle. One complete turn of the handle advances the platen only 19mm (3/4")
- Framework: Aircraft quality aluminium.
- Steel Rollers : 100mm (3 15/16”) Diameter Electroless Nickel or Chromium Plated.
- Upper Roll supported in Spherical Seated Ball Bearings 42mm (1 5/8“) Diameter.
- Lower Roll supported in Deep Groove Ball Bearings 52mm (2 1/16”) Diameter.
- 0 to 40mm (1 9/16”) Adjustment of Rolls.
- Drive Mechanism: Running on Maintenance Free Sintered Bronze Bearings.
- Memory free Laminate Platen.
- High Tensile Fine Thread Tightening Screws running in Phosphor Bronze Nuts.
- Attractive Coloured Anodised and Powder Coat Finish to all Aluminium Parts.
- The A3 / A2 models can be modified to facilitate easy disassembly & assembly of the platen supports for suitcase storage and transportation.
- A demonstration press is available free of charge for assessment at your location.
Click on the links below